If you happen to have an appreciation for both hip hop and art, you're definitely going to want to check out 'Fly Art' on Tumblr. The images uploaded to the account feature bold white lyrics from popular songs overlaying classical art pieces.
It's common for artists to source from the past and it's not even unheard of to see crossovers between music and art. However, each of the lyric and painting choices on Fly Art are perfectly matched. William-Adolphe Bouguereau's 'The Dance' featuring females frolicking in the clouds is mixed with lyrics from Pharrell's Happy, while a painting by Mabuse of Adam and Eve is matched with lyrics from Kendrick Lamar's 'B*tch Don't Kill by Vibe,' warning: "I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again."
The 'Fly Art' Tumblr Presents the Perfect Mix of Hip Hop and Art
1. Lyrical Mashup Art - Opportunity to create unique artwork by combining elements of hip hop lyrics with classical art pieces.
2. Music and Art Crossovers - Exploring the intersection of music and art to create innovative and engaging visual experiences.
3. Bold White Lyrics - Utilizing bold white lyrics as an artistic medium to add a contemporary twist to classical artwork.
1. Fine Art - Potential for artists to incorporate hip hop lyrics and popular music culture into their classical art forms.
2. Music - Collaborative opportunities for musicians and artists to create compelling visuals that complement their music.
3. Digital Art - Digital artists can leverage Lyrical Mashup Art as a source of inspiration and explore new creative techniques.