Think about how much printer ink you actually get in a brand new ink cartridge. Designer Celeste Watson aims to emphasize that, per milliliter, you can actually buy perfume for a much lower price. Hewlett Packard N°564 packaging was developed to make a statement about the value of a product that's marketed as a staple household item, but that costs more than many luxuries.
You can probably tell that the inspiration for these cartons came directly from the iconic box of the Chanel N°5 fragrance. It displays the same simple typeface, the beautiful white space and introduces a splash of color to the fine borders. Hewlett Packard N°564 packaging would never be used by the company of course; just check out what's written on the back label.
Hewlett Packard N°564 Packaging Emphasizes an Exorbitant Price
1. Sustainable Packaging - Using sustainable materials and innovative designs for ink packaging can disrupt the market for traditional printer ink cartridges.
2. Luxury Packaging - Incorporating luxury design elements into everyday household items can disrupt the market by creating unique and attractive products.
3. Price Transparency - Increasing transparency around pricing can disrupt the market by exposing price disparities between similar products and holding companies accountable for their pricing strategies.
1. Printing Supplies - Printing supply companies can disrupt the market by rethinking their packaging strategies and incorporating innovative and sustainable packaging designs.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury goods companies can disrupt the market by incorporating design elements from everyday household products to create unique and attractive luxury items.
3. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can disrupt the market by increasing transparency around pricing and exposing price disparities between similar products.