Young designer Timo Spelleken's Heureka chair is an innovative and contemporary chair designed with manufacturers and consumers in mind. The chair, which was featured at Milan Design Week, has grooves in its back so that the metal pieces can slide together. The grooves allow for a screw-less assembly, which grants the consumer a valuable element of ease and convenience, a luxury most furniture items don't provide.
Spelleken was inspired to make his screw-less chair to provide manufacturers with furniture that's easier to transport. The flat pack chair's compact design allows for fast shipping that requires minimal packaging.
The Heureka chair is made with beechwood and metal frames -- materials that are synonymous with strength and durability -- providing the consumer with a chic and functional item. Space-saving chairs appeal to a market of urban Millennials who value eco-friendly solutions, functionality and convenience.
The Minimalist and Chic Heureka Chair Can Be Assembled Without Screws
1. Screw-less Furniture - The trend of screw-less furniture is disrupting the traditional manufacturing process by providing easy assembly and transportation.
2. Flat-pack Designs - Flat-pack designs are disrupting the furniture industry by offering more efficient storage and transportation.
3. Space-saving Solutions - Space-saving solutions are a growing trend among urban Millennials who are looking for eco-friendly and functional furniture.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturing companies can embrace screw-less furniture to offer cost-effective, easy to assemble and easy to ship products.
2. Logistics and Shipping - Companies in the logistics and shipping can adopt flat-pack designs to offer more efficient transportation and reduce costs.
3. Interior Design - Interior design companies can leverage space-saving solutions to meet the demand of urban Millennials for eco-friendly and functional furniture.