What you get when you combine West African chocolate, Magnolia flowers and pecans in the form of a beer is Forbidden Root's 'Heavy Petal.' Naturally, this perfect pairing led the drink to become a hit for Valentine's Day.
This beer is part of the brand's Divine Mud series, which is comprised of chocolate-based beer. While chocolate is a staple of this series, Heavy Petal experiments with the inclusion of floral flavors and nuts with this batch. The imperial stout is said to be full-bodied, dark, creamy, falling somewhere between slightly bitter and sweet.
With Magnolia flowers sourced from Georgia, the brand was inspired to push theme of Southern hospitality further. This was done by packaging the beer in champagne-style bottles, so that people are encouraged to share the stout with others over dinner or as a gift.
Forbidden Root's Heavy Petal Beer Blends Dark Chocolate, Nuts & Magnolias
1. Floral-flavored Beer - Opportunity to innovate by experimenting with various floral ingredients to create unique beer flavors.
2. Chocolate-based Beer - Opportunity to use different types of chocolate to create beer with varying flavors.
3. Sharing Beer Experience - Opportunity to create beer packaging that encourages people to share and consume beer in groups.
1. Brewing Industry - Opportunity for brewers to experiment with new ingredients and flavors to create unique beers.
2. Chocolate Industry - Opportunity for chocolate makers to enter the beer industry and collaborate with brewers to create chocolate-based beers.
3. Packaging Industry - Opportunity for packaging companies to create unique beer packaging designs that encourage people to share and consume beer in groups.