Steak, meatballs and meatloaf are typically served alongside whole grains and vegetables, but American Foods Group's heat-and-eat 'Great American Comfort Classics' line emphasizes that these meat products can stand alone. The Great American Comfort Classics collection is packaged in single-serve trays that offer small, protein-rich portions of beef. This is called out on the packaging by a large stamp that reads "PROTEIN," calling attention to the fact that these conveniently packaged meat snacks offer more than 20 grams of protein.
The fully cooked heat-and-eat Teriyaki and Barbecue Meatballs, Salisbury Steak and Meatloaf with Tomato Glaze can be found in the freezer or refrigerated sections in stores.
Meat-eating consumers who are looking for protein are now turning to meat snacks that some in portions that are just slightly smaller than one would eat for a full meal.
The Great American Comfort Classics Line Comes in a "Heat and Eat" Format
1. Standalone Meat Snacks - Single-serve meat products marketed as protein-rich snacks create opportunities for disruptive retail packaging and snack offerings.
2. Heat-and-eat Convenience Foods - The rise of fully cooked, heat-and-eat meals presents opportunities for innovators to create new product lines and packaging solutions for busy consumers.
3. Meat-based Snacking - Consumers seeking healthier snack options are turning towards meat-based snacks as a protein-rich, satiating option, presenting opportunities for innovators to develop and market new snack products and flavors.
1. Food Packaging - Innovators and manufacturers in the food packaging industry can create new packaging and designs to market single-serve meat products as convenient, protein-rich snacks.
2. Frozen Foods - With the rise of heat-and-eat convenience foods, disruptive innovation is possible in the frozen foods industry with new product lines and packaging solutions to appeal to busy consumers.
3. Meat Products - Opportunities exist for companies in the meat products industry to develop and market new snack products and flavors to meet the demand for healthier, protein-rich snacking options.