This Samsung OLED health-monitoring wearable has been developed by researchers at the Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology as a solution for comfortably keeping an eye on a patient's vitals. The wearable would work by being positioned onto the wrist and could stretch as much as 30% to provide a comfortable experience for the patient. The data collected by the wearable would be processed onboard to display information in real-time via the built-in OLED display for enhanced ease of use.
The Samsung OLED health-monitoring wearable was explained further by principal researcher Youngjin Yun who said, "The strength of this technology is that it allows you to measure your biometric data for a longer period without having to remove the solution when you sleep or exercise, since the patch feels like part of your skin. You can also check your biometric data right away on the screen without having to transfer it to an external device. The technology can also be expanded to use in wearable healthcare products for adults, children and infants, as well as patients with certain diseases."
Image Credit: Samsung SAIT
This Samsung OLED Wearable Stretches By 30%
1. Stretchable Health-monitoring Wearables - The trend of stretchable health-monitoring wearables is disrupting traditional wearable healthcare products, providing more comfortable and seamless biometric data collection experiences.
2. Real-time Biometric Data Display - The trend of real-time biometric data display is disrupting the healthcare industry by allowing patients to monitor their vitals continuously and on-the-go without needing to use an external device.
3. Non-intrusive Healthcare Monitoring - The trend of non-intrusive healthcare monitoring is disrupting traditional methods of hospital monitoring, allowing patients to remain comfortable and maintain mobility while still receiving accurate medical information.
1. Wearable Technology - The wearable technology industry can leverage this stretchable health-monitoring wearable trend to develop more comfortable and effective wearable healthcare devices.
2. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can utilize the real-time biometric data display trend to enhance patient care and improve health outcomes.
3. Medical Devices - The medical device industry can benefit from the non-intrusive healthcare monitoring trend by developing more advanced methods of monitoring and collecting patient data without disrupting their daily lives.