The Oregon Orchard hazelnut chocolates range of confections are being launched by the Hazelnut Growers of Oregon (HGO) as a lineup of products that highlight the premium profile of the namesake nut.
The pouched confections will come in for flavor options including Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Marionberry Chocolate and Skinny Milk Chocolate (with 20% less chocolate). The products start off with premium hazelnuts that are then dipped in their respective chocolate before being packaged up in resealable six ounce pouches that are perfect for on-the-go consumption.
The Oregon Orchard hazelnut chocolates were boasted by Director of Marketing at Hazelnut Growers of Oregon Matt Gillespie who said, "Hazelnuts are usually less sweet than almonds or pecans; they tend to bring out a satisfying texture and “brown butter” flavor that is distinctive from the other nut varieties. Chocolatiers often take advantage of this distinction when using hazelnuts as a primary inclusion in their confection portfolio. Thanks to Oregon Orchard, consumers can now enjoy this unique flavor combination firsthand.”
The Oregon Orchard Hazelnut Chocolates will Come in Four Flavors
1. Premium Nut-based Confections - There is a growing trend in the confectionery industry for premium products focused on highlighting the flavors and qualities of nuts.
2. On-the-go Snacking - The market is seeing a trend towards convenient and portable snacks, with resealable pouches catering to the needs of busy consumers.
3. Distinctive Flavor Combinations - Consumers are seeking unique flavor combinations in their confections, providing an opportunity for innovative product offerings.
1. Confectionery - The confectionery industry has the opportunity to capitalize on the demand for premium nut-based products and distinctive flavor combinations.
2. Snack Food - The snack food industry can tap into the trend of on-the-go snacking by offering convenient and portable nut-based snacks.
3. Food Manufacturing - The food manufacturing industry has the potential to develop innovative techniques that highlight the distinctive flavors and textures of nuts in confections.