For those of you who have been living under a rock and have not watched or read the Harry Potter series, Mashable has created a somewhat accurate Harry Potter summary in a 2 minute video. Harry Potter in 2 Minutes is part of their ongoing TL;DW project (short for Too Long; Didn't Watch). It is clear by the commentary of Bob Al-Greene and Max Knoblauch they are only summarizing the movies and perhaps themselves have not read the books.
With illustrations by Bob Al-Greene and animations from Noah Sterling, this Harry Potter summary is a humorous take on what happens in eight films. It also voices frustration with Lord Voldemort's inability to kill Harry as a baby.
Mashable's Harry Potter Summary Video Occurs in a Weasley 2 Minutes
1. Movie Summary Videos - Opportunities for sites to create short, humorous summaries of popular film franchises like Harry Potter.
2. Visual Summaries - An exclusive emphasis on illustrations and animations rather than plots of film series will attract viewership.
3. TL;DW Projects - Short-text formats offer opportunities for media sites and content creators to produce summaries of events or complicated pieces in entertainment.
1. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can create easily digestible summaries of popular franchises like Harry Potter to attract non-readers.
2. Online Media - Digital content creators can do movie summaries in visual formats as well as create short synopses of news stories.
3. Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, and others alike holding their user's attention for more prolonged intervals could benefit from implementing shorter summaries of longer content.