The Tympan is an open software and hardware hearing aid, which gives owners the ability to customize their hearing aid to fit their exact needs. The customization of the product could entice open-source enthusiasts who may wish to have more control over their hearing devices. However, the company has not released a list of all of the different technologies that could be integrated into the open hardware hearing aid.
There are several different models of the Tympan, including the 'Tympan RevC,' the 'Tympan RevD,' and the 'Tympan AIC Shield.' Prices range from $99.99-250, which means that the products are accessible options for hearing impaired individuals, and could have appeal beyond the open-source community.
Image Credit: Tympan
Tympan Offers Three Different Customizable Cost-Effective Hearing Aids
1. Customizable Hearing Aids - The ability to customize hearing aids to fit specific needs opens up opportunities for personalized solutions in the hearing aid industry.
2. Open-source Accessibility - The use of open software and hardware in hearing aids allows for more control and customization, attracting open-source enthusiasts and innovators.
3. Affordable Options - The availability of cost-effective hearing aids at prices ranging from $99.99-250 provides accessible solutions for hearing impaired individuals.
1. Hearing Aid Industry - The customization and accessibility of hearing aids create opportunities for disruptive innovation in the hearing aid industry.
2. Open-source Technology - The integration of open hardware and software in hearing aids presents possibilities for disruptive innovation in the open-source technology industry.
3. Healthcare Technology - Affordable and customizable hearing aids contribute to disruptive innovation in the healthcare technology industry, specifically in the field of assistive devices.