Reading in bed can be a strain on the elbows, but the 'Hang Book Lamp' will take the ease off aching arms and tired eyes no matter how epic the tale. Developed by students of the Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design, the contraption's cord-like form is suspended from the ceiling, making the fixture the copybook clutch for crime fiction.
Embellished with a tiny bulb at the end of the noose, the 'Hang Book Lamp' can be wound around any story's spine with the illuminated tip angled towards your current page. All you have to do to activate the switch is tug on the cord.
The 'Hang Book Lamp' Prevents a Kinked Neck When Reading in Bed
1. Suspension Lighting Solutions - The 'Hang Book Lamp' is an example of how creative designs for suspension lighting can provide functional solutions to common problems in interior design.
2. Flexible Reading Lights - The development of reading lights with flexible designs, such as the 'Hang Book Lamp', can provide book lovers with more comfortable and customizable reading experiences.
3. Multi-functional Home Decor - The 'Hang Book Lamp' is an example of how home decor items can serve multiple purposes and be designed with function in mind.
1. Interior Design - The 'Hang Book Lamp' is a potential product for interior designers and home decor companies to incorporate into their designs, providing functional and unique lighting options.
2. Home Goods Retail - Home goods retailers could benefit from carrying flexible and multi-functional decor items like the 'Hang Book Lamp' that cater to the needs of modern consumers.
3. Educational Institutions - The Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design's development of the 'Hang Book Lamp' demonstrates the potential for educational institutions to foster innovation, design thinking and problem-solving among students interested in product and industrial design.