For the most part, people are thankful for their smoke alarms to sit idly on their ceiling, but the Halo+ smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from Halo Smart Labs aims to add more utility to the home device. The smart, connected device offers all the safety features of a standard smoke and carbon monoxide sensor, but it also makes use of its connectivity to give daily functionality.
The Halo+ comes with weather alerts programmed into the stock Halo app. Users can set their preferences for those alerts through the app, keeping it dedicated to things like disasters (such as flood or tornado warnings) or more frequently daily alerts programmed to sound at key points during one's routine.
Beyond that functionality, the Halo+ connects to other smart home products like Lowe's Iris, Samsung SmartThings, and Amazon Alexa, so it's guaranteed to accommodate the latest in smart home features.
The Halo+ Smoke and CO Alarm Features Weather Alerts
1. Smart Home Integration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new products or services that integrate with smart home systems like Lowe's Iris, Samsung SmartThings, and Amazon Alexa.
2. Weather-enabled Devices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create devices that provide weather alerts and optimize daily routines based on weather conditions.
3. Enhanced Safety Devices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and manufacture safety devices that not only perform their primary functions (e.g., smoke alarms) but also offer additional utility features and connectivity.
1. Home Automation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative products and services in the home automation industry that leverage smart home integration and enhanced safety features.
2. Internet of Things (iot) - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new possibilities in the IoT industry by creating weather-enabled IoT devices that provide actionable insights for users.
3. Smart Home Security - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redefine the smart home security market by integrating weather alerts and safety features into existing smart home security systems.