These new Häagen-Dazs cocktail ice creams are an alternative way for consumers to enjoy the sweet flavor of a cocktail this summer. The ice creams are being launched by the General Mills-owned brand in the UK in two flavor varieties including Piña Colada and Lime Mojito Sorbet, which are both infused with a touch of rum. The products will be launching exclusively at Asda locations starting on May 23, 2021 at a price point of £4.99 per pint.
Marketing Manager at Häagen-Dazs UK Kat Jones boasted about the new Häagen-Dazs cocktail ice creams saying, "Just in time for summer, the new cocktail collection will open up incremental consumption occasions day-to-night, like social events, celebrations, or even an alcoholic substitute. With these flavours we’re directly responding to the trend of no and low alcoholic beverage intake. Consumers still enjoy the taste and occasional tipple, so we’re sure our cocktail flavours will go down a treat.”
Häagen-Dazs Cocktail Ice Creams are Infused with a Touch of Rum
1. Alcoholic Substitute Treats - There is an opportunity to infuse liqueurs into desserts, creating a different experience for those who prefer not to consume alcohol.
2. Cocktail-inspired Confections - There is potential to explore other cocktail-inspired desserts that cater to the needs of consumers who want to enjoy classic drink flavours in a different way.
3. No and Low Alcohol Trend - There is an opportunity to create more food and beverage products catered to individuals who want to partake in typical alcoholic flavours, without the alcohol content.
1. Food and Beverage Manufacturing - Companies in this industry could consider infusing liqueurs into desserts or creating cocktail-inspired confections to expand their product line.
2. Alcoholic Beverages - Producers of alcoholic beverages could tap into the no and low alcohol trend by creating non-alcoholic beverages that still offer the flavours of classic cocktails.
3. Retail - Retailers can explore opportunities to market and sell products that cater to the no and low alcohol trend, such as Häagen-Dazs cocktail ice creams.