A lot has to go into the maintenance of houseplants, least of which is finding replacement pots as they -- hopefully -- thrive and grow; that's where GROWTH by Studio Ayaskan comes into play. The London-based designers has created a shape-shifting design reminiscent of the art of origami that changes with the life of such plants.
Sleek and stylish, GROWTH by Studio Ayaskan can expand or shrink as needed to ensure people don't litter their home with unnecessary vessels over the course of their plants' lifespans. My Modern Met writes, "GROWTH uses a carefully-calculated pattern in order to mimic what nature has mastered. Now, the pot moves with the plant, so we’re not only watching the organism transform, but the inantimate object, too. It’s something we don’t often see in these products, yet it’s a perfect complement to this beautiful process."
GROWTH by Studio Ayaskan Changes as Plants Get Bigger
1. Shape-shifting Planters - The use of shape-shifting design in planters allows for more efficient and sustainable use as plants grow.
2. Origami-inspired Design - The art of origami can be adapted to create dynamic and adaptable planters that change with the needs of the plants.
3. Interactive Plant Products - Developing plant products that actively interact with the growth and transformation of plants can enhance the overall gardening experience.
1. Home Decor - Shape-shifting planters can revolutionize the way people decorate their homes with plants, offering a practical and aesthetic solution.
2. Gardening and Horticulture - The use of origami-inspired design in planters can open up new possibilities for gardening and horticultural practices, providing more customizable options for plant growth.
3. Product Design - Interactive plant products, such as shape-shifting planters, present opportunities for innovative product design that integrates nature and technology.