Isaiah Stephens is an extremely talented DeviantArtist who has transformed kids from 90s TV shows into grown-up cartoon versions in his ‘All Grown Up’ series. This includes aging characters from shows like Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Recess and Hey Arnold.
It’s almost like the characters have stepped into a time machine, since their outfits, for the most part, stay the same. Because the characters are drawn in a more realistic style than in the shows, this leaves room for more embellishments and creativity with outfits, hairstyles and facial features. In some cases, Stephens has imagined that some of the kids from the 90s cartoons will grow up to get tattoos, which is a fun way to read into their futures.
Isaiah Stephens Illustrates Grown Up Cartoon Characters
1. Grown-up Cartoon Characters - Opportunity to create new spin-off shows and merchandise featuring grown-up versions of beloved 90s cartoon characters.
2. Realistic Cartoon Style - Chance for animators and artists to explore more realistic styles in creating animated characters, pushing the boundaries of traditional cartoon art.
3. Nostalgia and Retro Culture - Potential for businesses to capitalize on the nostalgia and love for 90s cartoons by creating themed products and experiences targeted towards adults.
1. Animation - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create new animated series and movies featuring grown-up versions of popular 90s cartoon characters.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to collaborate with cartoon studios to create real-life versions of the unique and iconic outfits worn by the adult versions of 90s cartoon characters.
3. Entertainment - Chance to develop new experiences, such as theme parks or live shows, centered around beloved 90s cartoons and their grown-up characters, targeting nostalgic adults.