Green Heroes is a television series on TVO that showcases individuals who have contributed in some way, shape or form to an environmental cause broadly speaking. "Through their stories, our goal is to inspire people, like you, to become Green Heroes too," the team writes on their website. "On the web and on our TV show, Green Heroes™ tells the story of change – of how people improved their lives, what their tipping point moments were and how they overcome obstacles to become a Green Hero." Some of the past people featured on the show have included Daniel Lanois, a musician, and Kelly Drennan, the founder of Fashion Takes Action, a non-profit and advocacy organization that has been previously featured on SocialBusiness.org.
They also have what they call a "Green Heroes Academy" in which they offer training, mentorship and challenges.
Green Heroes website
Green Heroes on Facebook
Green Heroes on Twitter
Green Heroes Showcases Individuals, Non-Profits and Companies
1. Environmental Activism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a digital platform that connects environmental activists and provides resources for their causes.
2. Social Advocacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a mobile app that facilitates social activism and encourages users to participate in meaningful causes.
3. Sustainable Business Practices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technology that helps businesses track and reduce their carbon footprint.
1. Television Broadcasting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a streaming platform that focuses on showcasing environmental initiatives and sustainability efforts.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a blockchain-based platform that enhances transparency and efficiency in non-profit operations.
3. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invent eco-friendly textiles and materials that can replace traditional fabrics in the fashion industry.