Dunkin' Donuts recently announced that it will be expanding its breakfast menu to include a savory new dish called the 'GranDDe Burrito.' Although the coffee chain is well known for its donuts and other sweet treats, customers will now be able to purchase more savory options as well.
The new GranDDe Burrito is a 10-ounce breakfast burrito that comes in both a sausage version and a vegetarian version. The burrito itself consists of spicy omelet made from a combination of red bell peppers, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese and habanero. The omelet is accompanied by a rice and bean mixture comprised of fire-roasted red peppers, corn and onions. The burrito is served on a soft flour tortilla for an easy on-the-go breakfast option.
The new addition to the Dunkin' Donuts menu demonstrates the the chain is following in the footsteps of other brands who have sought to expand their breakfast offerings.
The New GranDDe Burrito Gives Consumers Savory Breakfast Option
1. Savory Breakfast Options - There is an opportunity for restaurants and cafes to offer more non-sweet breakfast dishes to cater to consumer demand for savory options.
2. On-the-go Convenience - Convenience is key for busy consumers and offering easy, handheld breakfast options, like breakfast burritos, is a trend that is here to stay.
3. Menu Expansion - Expanding menus to include new and unique dishes can help restaurants and cafes stay competitive in the ever-evolving food industry.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can offer more diverse and innovative breakfast options to attract customers and increase sales.
2. Coffee Shops - Coffee shops can expand their food menu to include more breakfast dishes and attract more customers looking for a quick and convenient breakfast option.
3. Cafes - Cafes can differentiate themselves in the market by offering more unique and savory breakfast options that cater to a wider range of tastes and preferences.