'Gossip Girl: Social Climbing,' a new Facebook game, allows fans of the hit TV show to play as virtual New York residents. The point of the game is to try to climb the social ladder by attending virtual fashion shows, sales and club openings mimicking the lives of the fictional upper-class characters.
The launch of 'Gossip Girl: Social Climbing' coincided with the January 24 season premier. It wont be long until every television show has their own Facebook tie-in game.
'Gossip Girl: Social Climbing' is a New Addition to Facebook Gaming
1. Television-inspired Gaming - As more TV shows create virtual tie-ins, there is an opportunity for the gaming industry to continue to expand through collaborations with popular entertainment franchises.
2. Virtual Social Ladder Games - Games that allow players to simulate climbing social ladders present an opportunity to create addictive gameplay and to potentially tap into the psychology of social climbing itself.
3. Cross-platform Entertainment Integration - By integrating popular entertainment franchises like Gossip Girl into social media platforms like Facebook, we see an opportunity for extraordinary growth in cross-platform monetization.
1. Gaming - As more television shows create tie-in games, the gaming industry has an opportunity to expand by partnering with popular entertainment franchises.
2. Social Media - By integrating popular television shows into social media platforms like Facebook, businesses can potentially monetize on cross-platform sales opportunities.
3. Entertainment - Collaborating with popular media franchises on social media platforms such as creating virtual tie-in games can increase engagement and sales opportunities for entertainment businesses.