The market for virtual reality is so hot right now that someone might very well consider dropping at least $2,500 on the GoPro Omni. It is the latest VR rig from the leading action camera brand that is much more affordable than its predecessor -- the Odyssey, which comes with a whopping 16 Hero4 Black cameras plus all the necessary accessories.
The GoPro Omni, on the other hand, is only outfitted with six cameras that will work together to create a single 360-degree video. Debuting at NAB, a major video production trade show, the GoPro Omni could drive the production of 360-degree video to a much higher level. Although there are cheaper cameras already out there, GoPro's quality will be unrivalled -- at least for now -- leading to better growth.
The GoPro Omni is a More Affordable Version to the Odyssey
1. Virtual Reality Camera Rigs - The growing popularity of virtual reality creates an opportunity for the development of more affordable VR camera rigs.
2. 360-degree Video Production - The release of the GoPro Omni could drive the production of high-quality 360-degree video to a much higher level.
3. Affordable Action Cameras - There is a trend towards the development of more affordable action cameras for creating virtual reality and 360-degree video content.
1. Camera Equipment - The development of advanced, yet affordable virtual reality camera rigs creates disruption and innovation opportunities within the camera equipment industry.
2. Video Production - The increasing demand for high-quality, innovative 360-degree video production creates disruption and innovation opportunities within the video production industry.
3. Consumer Electronics - The trend towards more affordable and advanced action cameras shows disruption and innovation opportunities in the consumer electronics industry.