Google unveiled the 'Google Pixel Watch,' its first smartwatch and the newest offering to join the brand's consumer-facing 'Pixel' suite of devices. The Google Pixel Watch uniquely boasts its own internet connectivity. This means that, while the device can be paired to any Android device, it can also operate on its own via a paid data plan that delivers 4G internet speeds.
This smartwatch runs on Google's Wear OS 3 operating system. This allows the watch to take full advantage of Google's suite of applications from Google Photos to Google Maps and even integration with the Google Assistant. Aside from its navigation, convenience, and entertainment features, the Google Pixel Watch features Fitbit integration, meaning it also functions as a wide-service health-tracking device that is capable of measuring heartrate, blood-oxygen levels, and many more.
Image Credit: Google
The Google Pixel Watch Boasts Health-Tracking and Connectivity Features
1. Connected Smartwatches - Internet connectivity in smartwatches disrupts traditional phone pairing and creates opportunities for standalone use.
2. Health-tracking Wearables - Smartwatches with comprehensive health-tracking capabilities disrupt traditional fitness trackers and create opportunities for integrating healthcare into wearable devices.
3. AI-enabled Smartwatches - Integration with AI assistants disrupts traditional navigation and creates opportunities for voice-controlled smartwatches.
1. Consumer Electronics - Connected smartwatches create opportunities for manufacturers to expand their offerings into standalone devices and provide further convenience to consumers.
2. Healthcare - Health-tracking wearables create opportunities for remote healthcare monitoring and personalized healthcare plans based on individual biometric data.
3. Artificial Intelligence - AI-enabled smartwatches create opportunities for companies to integrate their AI assistants into everyday devices and provide a more seamless user experience.