Google Meter is an all-new app, released by Google's very own Creative Lab, that is really quite innovative and could be potentially extremely helpful.
Essentially, what the Google Meter app does is take your boring old, completely static wallpaper and transform it into a fully functional Material Design widget. This widget can display a whole range of things whether it's your battery life, WiFi signal strength, update information or any other kind of pending notifications.
For added convenience, the widget's cycle whenever you turn on the screen to help you avoid getting confused.
The app is completely free and is open sourced on GitHub, meaning the developers can add their own features to an app that's already highly dynamic and useful.
Google Meter Transforms Your Wallpaper Into a Functional Widget
1. Material Design Widgets - The trend of transforming static wallpapers into functional widgets offers opportunities for creating innovative and customizable user experiences.
2. Customizable Wallpaper Apps - The trend of turning boring wallpapers into dynamic widgets presents opportunities for developers to create highly customizable and visually appealing wallpaper apps.
3. Open Source App Development - The trend of open sourcing apps like Google Meter provides opportunities for collaborative development and the addition of new features by developers.
1. Mobile App Development - The mobile app development industry can capitalize on the trend of Material Design widgets by creating innovative and user-friendly wallpaper widget apps.
2. User Interface Design - The user interface design industry can explore new possibilities in designing visually appealing and interactive wallpapers that serve as functional widgets.
3. Software Development - The software development industry can leverage the trend of open source app development to collaborate on the enhancement of existing apps like Google Meter.