We've featured a ton of street art at Trend Hunter, and much of it was found on UK buildings. With the launch of Google Maps Street View in the UK, graffiti fans have been noticing the best street art in their neighborhoods and posting geotagged links to their favorite graffiti pieces online.
A thread on Banksy's forum points readers to graffiti on Google Maps Street View that were created by iconic street artists like Banksy, JR, Shepard Fairey, and D-Face. What a great way to share the sights of your neighborhood with the world!
Street Art Fans Use Google Maps Street View to Locate Best Pieces in UK
1. Geotagging Street Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop an app that allows users to geotag street art locations and share them with other street art enthusiasts.
2. Crowdsourced Street Art Maps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a platform where users can collaboratively map and curate the best street art locations using geotagged data.
3. Street Art Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design a service that offers guided tours of popular street art locations, providing historical and cultural context to visitors.
1. Art and Culture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop virtual reality experiences that allow users to explore street art from around the world without leaving their homes.
2. Technology and Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create an augmented reality app that overlays virtual street art onto real-world locations, allowing users to interact with digital graffiti.
3. Tourism and Travel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish partnerships with local governments and tourism boards to promote street art as a unique and immersive tourist attraction.