Munich-born designer David Hanauer has created the coolest, most original accessories for your living room: Google Earth Carpets. These interactive rugs are made from screen shots taken from Google Earth images of mostly locations in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Hanauer slightly retouches the images, making them perfectly unique and great conversation starters for anyone who is a pro at entertaining guests.
While the aerial shots on the Google Earth Carpets are a little fuzzy and not so easy to distinguish, they certainly will have your guests talking. The patterns are strangely beautiful and impossible to ignore.
The mystery factor of the Google Earth Carpets is perhaps the best thing about the rugs and makes them impossible to resist.
The Google Earth Carpets are Out of this World
1. Interactive Rugs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create interactive rugs that incorporate digital technology for a unique and engaging user experience.
2. Location-based Home Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop home accessories that incorporate specific locations or landmarks, creating a personalized and sentimental touch for consumers.
3. Aerial Imagery Inspired Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore using aerial imagery as inspiration for design across various industries, such as fashion, interior design, and art.
1. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate technology and unconventional materials into interior design to create unique and conversation-starting pieces.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate location-based designs into home decor products, offering consumers a personalized and meaningful aesthetic.
3. Digital Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge technology and artistic expression by creating digital art inspired by aerial imagery, fostering new mediums for visual storytelling.