Taking design ideas from creative font types and vintage letter styles, the Goodwin and Goodwin homeware design brand has come up with a brilliant new home accessory, the Ampersand Lamp.
A bold ampersand, made out of white powder-coated metal, sits dramatically in front of a bright white light in order to cast interestingly typographic shadows through the curves and outlines of the textual symbol. A bright red power cord connects the stark white lamp to the wall, adding a pop of wow-factor to the overall minimalist and chic design.
Text aficionados and writers who enjoy fonts and design will be inspired by the creative flow and clean shape of the Ampersand Lamp, aka the Lampersand, created by Goodwin and Goodwin.
Goodwin and Goodwin Punctuates Design with the Ampersand Lamp
1. Typographic Lighting - More designs of home accessories that take inspiration from typography.
2. Creative Cord Designs - Using power cords as part of the overall design aesthetic becomes more common.
3. Vintage Letter Homeware - Designers continue to draw inspiration from vintage letter styles for home decor.
1. Home Decor - Opportunity for designers to create unique and eye-catching home accessories that incorporate typography.
2. Lighting - Innovative designs that incorporate typography could disrupt the lighting industry.
3. Design - As the trend for typography-inspired home decor continues to grow, there is an opportunity for designers and entrepreneurs to capitalize on this niche market.