The recent Gmail for iOS update features some significant improvements made possible by iOS 8. As soon as an email notification comes on the screen, a person is able to reply to it or archive it directly from there. This ensures that action is efficient and convenient. In a way, this brings email closer to instant messaging, which positions Gmail for iOS as a competitor to more traditional messaging apps.
Another big update for Gmail for iOS is the ability to email photos and documents while inside other apps by tapping the share icon. Together, these tweaks ensure that people continue to benefit from its service instead of moving onto another email app, which is increasingly likely.
The Gmail for iOS Allows Replies to Emails from Notifications
1. Email Reply From Notifications - Enabling users to reply to emails directly from notifications enhances convenience and improves efficiency, providing an opportunity for email apps to compete with traditional messaging apps.
2. Emailing From Other Apps - Allowing users to email photos and documents from within other apps through a share icon expands the functionality of email apps, making them more versatile and appealing.
3. Email App Retention - Implementing significant improvements in email apps, such as efficient actions from notifications, helps retain users and prevents them from switching to alternative email applications.
1. Email Apps - Developing email apps with enhanced features like replying from notifications and sharing from other apps presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the email app industry.
2. Messaging Apps - Messaging app developers should be aware of the increased competition from email apps that offer convenient messaging features, potentially disrupting the traditional messaging app industry.
3. Mobile Communication - Continuous improvements in email apps and their convergence with messaging features create opportunities for disruptive innovation in the mobile communication industry.