The 'Glider' tarp helps you stay dry while collecting rain water. Inspired by the unique form of a possum called the sugar glider, the tarp efficiently catches rainwater and stores it in bottles. In addition, Glider is made of ripstop nylon, which means it keeps you dry if its raining, and cool if you're hiding from the sun.
Entrepreneur Greg McEvilly created the tarp after seeing the difficult time that refugees of the Haitian earthquake were facing. By effectively shielding people from water while storing it, the tarp can be used to keep you alive in both emergency and survival situations.
The tarp was modeled after the sugar glider because of its uniquely functional form. When the possum is in flight, its wings work as effective gutters.
The 'Glider' Tarp Keeps You Dry While Collecting Rainwater
1. Instant Water-harvesting Shelters - The 'Glider' tarp combines the functions of staying dry and collecting rainwater, providing a solution for emergency and survival situations.
2. Ripstop Nylon Material - The use of ripstop nylon in the Glider tarp offers water resistance and durability, making it suitable for various weather conditions.
3. Inspiration From Nature - The unique form of the sugar glider possum inspires the design of the tarp, presenting opportunities for biomimicry in other innovative products.
1. Outdoor Gear and Camping - The Glider tarp caters to outdoor enthusiasts and campers by offering a convenient way to stay dry and collect water in the wilderness.
2. Emergency Preparedness - The water-harvesting capabilities of the Glider tarp make it a valuable tool for emergency preparedness organizations and disaster relief efforts.
3. Sustainable Design and Water Conservation - The rainwater collection feature of the Glider tarp aligns with sustainable design principles, providing opportunities in water conservation initiatives and eco-conscious industries.