The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve is a first from the distillery that will provide spirit aficionados with a new option to enjoy in their favorite cocktails, neat or on the rocks. The spirit starts off with a single malt scotch whiskey that is finished in rum barrels to help enhance the flavor profile and complexity. The product will be initially available at select retailers in the UK to start with additional launches planned in the coming months.
Pernod Ricard UK Brand Director Marnie Corrigan spoke on the Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve saying, "The Glenlivet has grown +21.2% in value over the latest 12 weeksand NPD continues to grow the Single Malts category adding +12% vs. latest 12 weeks last year. The UK has a rich history of tropical takes on whisky cocktails and challenging the notion that rum is the only option for Caribbean-inspired drinks, making it the perfect market for the latest addition to our brand portfolio. The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve is a unique proposition and the launch is an important next step in our ‘Original by Tradition’ platform, to reinforce our innovative credentials and to recruit new-to-category drinkers.”
The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve is a First from the Distillery
1. Rum Barrel-finished Whiskeys - The trend of finishing whiskey in rum barrels to create new and unique flavor profiles presents an opportunity for distilleries to continue innovating and appealing to adventurous spirit enthusiasts.
2. Single Malt Scotch Whiskey - The trend of Single Malt Scotch whiskey is showing growth, providing opportunities for distilleries to expand their portfolio and reach new audiences.
3. Innovative New Product Launches - The launch of unique and innovative products like The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve helps brands reinforce their innovative credentials and recruit new-to-category drinkers.
1. Distilleries - Distilleries can take advantage of the trend of finishing whiskey in rum barrels to create new flavor profiles, and explore other innovative techniques to appeal to adventurous spirit enthusiasts.
2. Alcohol Beverage Industry - The growing trend of Single Malt Scotch whiskey shows opportunities for the alcohol beverage industry to develop partnerships with distilleries to tap into this market segment.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can benefit from the launch of innovative and unique products like The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve, attracting customers looking for new experiences in the spirits category.