When a person or couple sets out to buy pieces of furniture for their new home, many of them might go down the route of getting affordable, temporary items, but more often than not people desire things that will last not only a lifetime, but their children's lifetime as well; enter Gitane Workshop. Gitane Workshop creates stunning modern furniture with a mid-century twist to ensure a loving longevity.
Founded by architect-turned-furniture designer Scott Friedman, the Gitane Workshop is his way of providing "heirloom quality furniture of distinctive authenticity and exceptional craftsmanship," as he puts it. With this neo-retro aesthetic, Gitane Workshop's creations are definitely unique.
From sculptural, avant-garde designs in Gitane Workshop's Ton Sai collection to sturdy, classic pieces in their Coban collection, this design studio seems to offer it just about everything.
The Gitane Workshop Provides Heirloom Quality in Contemporary Casings
1. Heirloom Quality Furniture - The trend towards heirloom quality furniture offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating durable, timeless pieces that can be passed down through generations.
2. Neo-retro Aesthetics - The rising popularity of neo-retro aesthetics opens up disruptive innovation opportunities to combine modern and mid-century design elements in furniture.
3. Sculptural and Avant-garde Designs - The demand for sculptural and avant-garde furniture designs presents disruptive innovation opportunities to create visually striking and unique pieces that stand out in contemporary interiors.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can leverage the trend towards heirloom quality furniture by enhancing craftsmanship, durability, and authenticity.
2. Interior Design - The interior design industry can embrace neo-retro aesthetics to create fresh and appealing spaces that combine modern design with mid-century influences.
3. Art and Design Education - Art and design education institutions have an opportunity to train and inspire future designers to create sculptural and avant-garde furniture designs that push the boundaries of traditional aesthetics.