The Gispen Today collection is filled with contemporary furniture pieces that straddle the line between simple and sculptural. Although they lean towards the former more due to their overall minimalist modern nature, the concentration on statement-making details is what justifies the latter. Whether it is the dissected form of a chair or the sideless design of an umbrella holder, the Gispen Today pieces are full of subtle surprises.
Designed by Thijs Smeets, a designer based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the Gispen Today collection strays away from the brand's pension for using tubular steel frames. Instead, he employs chamfered plywood materials that contrast nicely with the bright white molded shells or fabric also used. The Gispen Today collection is comprised of couches, tables and other objects.
Gispen Today by Thijs Smeets is Simple and Sculptural
1. Minimalist Modern Furniture - Designing furniture with a minimalist modern aesthetic is a trend that is gaining popularity in the industry.
2. Statement-making Details - Adding statement-making details to furniture designs is a trend that adds uniqueness and visual interest to the pieces.
3. Chamfered Plywood Materials - Using chamfered plywood materials instead of traditional tubular steel frames in furniture design is a trend that offers a fresh and innovative approach.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can benefit from incorporating minimalist modern designs and statement-making details to their product lines.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can leverage the trend of minimalist modern furniture and statement-making details to create unique and visually appealing spaces.
3. Materials Manufacturing - The materials manufacturing industry has an opportunity to explore and develop chamfered plywood materials as a viable alternative to traditional options like tubular steel frames.