The Ginout spirit has been created by the UP Craft Spirits brand, a venture between Barney Wilczak and Catia Mesquita, as a new offering for spirt enthusiasts who are looking for an unexpected alternative to the usual options on the market.
The gin is distilled with a range of high-quality botanicals including fig leaf, olive oil and peony flowers, and is mature in Port casks after the distillation process to help add in a series of autumnal notes and rich wild berry flavors. The product is also infused with toasted cork, which comes as a first-of-its-kind infusion.
Wilczak explained the new Ginout spirit saying, "Here high notes of conifer buds evoke sun-touched forest canopy. Ageing with cork, toasted to different temperatures to highlight different elements of this vitally important tree, brings out hints of smoke, vanilla, sun warmed wood and gorse like coconut. Peony flowers growing wild in Portugal sing, their floral notes high and delicate. Olive oil sourced from Catia’s home in the Algarve bring elements of herbaceous understory and beyond this a textural layering.”
Ginout is Matured in Port Casks for an Unexpected Finish
1. Cork-infused Spirits - Distillers can experiment with infusing various spirits with toasted cork to create unique flavor profiles.
2. Maturation in Alternative Casks - Using non-traditional casks to mature spirits, like Port casks for gin, can add unexpected flavor notes and attract adventurous consumers.
3. Botanical Experimentation in Spirit Production - Distillers can experiment with unique botanicals like fig leaf and peony flowers to create interesting and flavorful spirits.
1. Craft Distilleries - Craft distilleries can experiment with innovative techniques like cork-infusion and unique botanicals to differentiate themselves in a highly competitive market.
2. Beverage Alcohol Retail - Retailers can cater to adventurous consumers by stocking unique and unconventional spirits like cork-infused gin and spirits matured in alternative casks.
3. Cork Suppliers - Cork suppliers can market their product as an ingredient for infusion and experimentation in the beverage alcohol industry.