The shocking images of abandoned and decayed retail and big box stores in this gallery were captured by artist and photographer Brain Ulrich. Ulrich's contemporary artwork has been showcased in several museums around the world. This collection of morbid malls is called: 'Ghosts of Shopping Past.'
The buildings in these photos are a silent and lonely testament to urban shopping malls across the United States, which were adversely effected by economic decline.
Implications - With the great amount of hardship that these times of economic uncertainty have had on consumers, these images of abandoned and decayed big box stores really hit home. If you too have been affected by the economic downturn you will related to these sad, abandons shopping malls captured by Brian Ulrich.
Brian Ulrich Captures Recessionary Fallout and Urban Decay
1. Abandoned Shopping Malls - These shocking images of abandoned and decayed big box stores highlight the impact of economic decline on retail.
2. Urban Decay - The photographs by Brian Ulrich offer a glimpse into the negative consequences of urban decay on shopping malls.
3. Recessionary Fallout - Brian Ulrich's 'Ghosts of Shopping Past' collection showcases the aftermath of economic uncertainty on the retail industry.
1. Retail - These haunting images present disruptive opportunities for retail businesses to revitalize abandoned shopping malls and reimagine the shopping experience.
2. Photography - Artists and photographers can explore the theme of urban decay and economic decline in their work, drawing attention to societal issues.
3. Museums - Museums can leverage Brian Ulrich's contemporary artwork to spark conversations about the impact of economic recession on communities and urban landscapes.