Hasbro Pulse has launched a new crowdfunding campaign for the 50th anniversary of the Ghost Rider series. To celebrate the franchise’s history, Hasbro is releasing a 1:12 scale version of the ‘Engine of Vengeance,’ a flaming muscle car. The car features 20 LED lights that create light-up effects in the tires, grill, tailpipes, and driver’s headrest, along with six flame trail effect pieces that go on the tires and tailpipes. The vehicle adds two Brimstone Risers, four interchangeable tires, and an additional engine for customization purposes. The offering is accompanied by a six-inch figure of Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider.
The ‘Marvel Legends’ toy offering is limited to five per customer and is currently available at a price point of $349.99 USD. The project itself required approximately 9,000 backers and has now garnered 4,000.
Image Credit: Marvel Legends
Hasbro Designs a 'Ghost Rider' Robbie Reyes and Engine of Vengeance
1. Crowdfunding for Toy Figurines - There is an opportunity for other toy manufacturers to leverage crowdfunding campaigns to launch limited edition collectibles.
2. Innovative Toy Designs - Toy manufacturers can incorporate special features like LED lights and customizable options to create unique offerings that stand out in the market.
3. Nostalgia-based Toy Collecting - Toy manufacturers can capitalize on consumer nostalgia for classic franchises to create limited edition collectibles that appeal to both new and old fans alike.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry can use innovative technology to create unique offerings and leverage crowdfunding to launch limited edition toys.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment companies that own classic franchises can work with toy manufacturers to produce collectibles that evoke nostalgia for classic characters and storylines.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can use emotional marketing to target nostalgic audiences and promote limited edition collectibles through cause marketing and social media campaigns.