In January, we introduced you to the very first PRODUCT RED initiatives, including the Product RED American Express. Now, the GAP has announced it will create a PRODUCT RED line just in time for the 2006 holiday season. Expect this to take off.
PRODUCT RED is a glogal initiative to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. The aim is for companies to create COOL brand-defining red products and share half the profits with the Global Fund. The project has massive support from celebrities and major corporations.
"To date, the Global Fund has committed US$5.2 billion to more than 363 programs in 131 countries." - Joinred.com
1. Product Red Initiatives - Creating cool brand-defining red products to support the fight against AIDS, TB, and Malaria brings new opportunities to companies to boost profits and social responsibility.
2. Global Fund Commitment - The $5.2 billion commitment from the Global Fund has opened new avenues of partnership with companies in different industries to create socially responsible products and consumer awareness campaigns that give back.
3. Celebrity and Corporate Support - The celebrity and major corporate support for Product Red initiatives have the potential to influence more companies to adopt similar socially responsible practices.
1. Fashion - The Product Red line by GAP for the holiday season can inspire other fashion companies to create brand-defining red products and donate half the profits to the cause.
2. Finance - The Product RED American Express card has set a precedent for other finance companies to create similar products that support the cause of fighting AIDS, TB, and Malaria.
3. Technology - Technology companies can partner with Global Fund and Product Red initiatives to create awareness campaigns and products that can significantly contribute to the cause.