The Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Game of Thrones mashup is simply one of the best meshes to come out of YouTube.
If you're a Buffy fan, you'll immediately recognize Nerf Herder’s classic intro tune to the series. Since Buffy the Vampire Slayer series ended back in 2003, the world has just never been the same again. The Game of Thrones mashup with Buffy the Vampire Slayer breathes new life into the Buffy series. The Game of Thrones opening is subbed with Nerf Herder's tune, while showcasing images from HBO's Game of Thrones. The video by YouTube user ‘zuziako,’ features several of the main characters in the series, while being showcased in a similar manner as the intro in the Buffy intro video.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer may be gone, but the Game of Thrones mashup video is a great homage to great series.
This Game of Thrones Mashup Will Please Any Buffy Fan
1. TV Show Mashups - The popularity of mashups between two popular TV shows presents opportunities to create new fan bases for other series.
2. Nostalgic Remixes - Remixing elements of classic television shows with current ones appeals to fans who appreciate nostalgia and innovation.
3. Fan Creations - The rise of fan-created content presents opportunities for companies to engage with customers and further develop brand loyalty.
1. Streaming Services - Streaming services such as Hulu and Netflix could provide opportunities to promote content through the creation of TV show mashups.
2. Entertainment - Companies in the entertainment industry can take advantage of the nostalgia trend by creating remixes of classic TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
3. Marketing - Marketing agencies can use the fan-created content trend to their advantage by utilizing fan content to further promote products and services.