On the heels of so many other Marvel comic book movie franchises including Iron Man and Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy is pulling out all the stops with their marketing, which now includes Galaxy Getaways. This interactive website allows people to explore all the destinations featured in the film as if it were an online tourism guide.
The recently launched in-world site offers a ground-level view via Google Streetview of the places characters like Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer will be frequenting in the not yet released movie. The accompanying Galaxy Getaways campaign encourages travelers to eschew typical tourist destinations for the six star luxuries, the caves of Morag and others offered online.
Galaxy Getaways Offers a Peak at the Places Featured in Marvel's New Movie
1. Virtual Tourism - The rise of interactive websites offering virtual tours of popular destinations is disrupting the tourism industry and opening up new marketing opportunities.
2. In-world Marketing - In-world marketing that allows consumers to interact with fictional worlds is disrupting the traditional marketing approach and redefining the way brands engage with their audiences.
3. Augmented Reality Advertising - The use of augmented reality to promote new movie releases is a disruptive approach that is blurring the lines between the real and virtual world, and creating new opportunities for brands to communicate with consumers.
1. Tourism - The increasing popularity of virtual tourism is transforming the tourism industry and opening up new revenue streams and marketing opportunities.
2. Film and Entertainment - The use of virtual tours and in-world marketing is creating new opportunities for film and entertainment companies to promote and monetize their content.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The use of augmented reality and other innovative technologies is disrupting traditional marketing and advertising models, and presenting new ways for brands to connect with consumers.