The cities Capri, Florence, Rome and Venice came to life during to the presentation of the Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer '16 collection. This luxury heavy collection features 90 looks of chic tourist couture.
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana are quite notorious for incorporating their love for Italy into their luxury merchandise. Just like the brand's Autumn/Winter '15 Alta Moda collection, this spring/summer line displays vibrant Sicilian style. The collection features a line of tourist-friendly garments with such sayings as "Viva Italia" and "Italia is Love" branded in lush embroidery. The pieces range from sheer dresses decorated with floral applique to sophisticated patterned suits.
The Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer '16 collection also offers a line of fun accessories from bread basket handbags to ornamental headphones.
The Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer Collection is an Ode to Italy
1. Tourist Couture - Opportunity for luxury fashion brands to create collections tailored for tourists with vibrant and branded designs.
2. Italian-inspired Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion designers to incorporate Italian culture and heritage into their luxury merchandise.
3. Embroidered Statements - Potential for embroidered messages and slogans to become a popular trend in fashion, allowing brands to express their identity and values.
1. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can capitalize on the growing market for tourist couture by creating collections specifically targeting tourists.
2. Fashion Design - Fashion designers have an opportunity to disrupt the industry by incorporating cultural elements, such as Italian style, into their collections.
3. Accessories - The trend of ornamental headphones and unique handbags, like bread basket handbags, provides opportunities for innovation and creativity in the accessories industry.