As consumers become more environmentally conscious, designers are continuing to seek methods of harnessing clean energy, which is why Edvh Studio created the 'Frost Light' -- a lamp that's powered by melting ice.
The lamp is made of four components which work in harmony with one another to produce light. The LED light rests on top of a block of ice, and as the ice melts, it runs down a metal plate, while the temperature difference generates electrical energy. As it melts, the water is collected in a vessel, which serves as a mold so the process can be repeated.
This lamp serves as a practical example of how renewable energy can be accessed from unexpected places.
The 'Frost Light' is an LED Lamp Powered by Melting Ice
1. Clean Energy Innovation - Renewable energy can be accessed from unexpected places, encouraging more clean energy innovation.
2. Sustainable Lighting Solutions - Sustainable lighting solutions will continue to be in high demand as consumers become more environmentally conscious.
3. Efficient Energy Use - Efficient energy use is becoming more important as we seek to reduce our carbon footprint.
1. Lighting Industry - There's an opportunity for the lighting industry to expand into sustainable and renewable lighting solutions.
2. Clean Energy Industry - Businesses in the clean energy industry can capitalize on the demand for innovative and sustainable energy solutions.
3. Home Goods Industry - The home goods industry can benefit from creating innovative and eco-friendly products that cater to environmentally-conscious consumers.