The latest from Shepard Fairey is a wonderful print that he dubs Friendship & Support.
Friendship & Support is a new print from the talented artist that features the late and great George Harrison. The picture shows off the trademark silhouette style that Fairey is known for with the familiar colors of red, black and yellow-ish contrast. The portrait displays Harrison doing what he does best, playing the guitar. The image is a tribute to the guitarist and the 40th anniversary of The Concert for Bangladesh.
The print is extremely limited with only 450 available, each limited to one person per person/household. All have been signed and numbered for authenticity. Proceeds from the sale will go to the George Harrison Fund for UNICEF which helps children affected by the famine in Africa. This will be available on August 8th, 2011.
Friendship & Support Pays Tribute to One of the Fab Four
1. Limited Edition Art Prints - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating exclusive and scarce prints to drive demand and increase value.
2. Celebrity Tribute Art - Opportunities lie in honoring iconic figures through artistic expressions, attracting fans and collectors alike.
3. Charitable Art Initiatives - The convergence of art and philanthropy presents opportunities to make a positive impact while engaging with art enthusiasts.
1. Art Printing & Publishing - Innovative approaches to printing and publishing can cater to the growing demand for limited edition art prints.
2. Art & Entertainment - The art and entertainment industry can leverage celebrity tribute art to attract customers and create unique experiences.
3. Nonprofit & Philanthropy - Collaborations between artists and charitable organizations can drive fundraising efforts and make a difference.