As much as transportation delays can be both inconvenient and annoying, Gordon's Gin is hoping to help commuters make the most of a bad situation by offering free gin and tonic.
Appealing to train travelers who frequently experience cancellations and delays, the stunt gives frustrated passengers the ability to use the #YayDelay hashtag with a tweet to unlock a mobile voucher.
Following the launch of the stunt at London Waterloo, Gordon's Gin has plans to introduce #YayDelay to other stations. To make sure that not just anyone can claim a voucher by using the hashtag at random, Gordon's Gin worked with with Eagle Eye to develop a smart monitoring service that uses geo-data to respond to real-time spikes on social media. When a high amount of activity is detected, a voucher is released on the yaydelay.com site for delayed passengers to claim.
Image Credit: Gordon's Gin
Gordon's Gin Offers Free Gin and Tonic to Delayed Train Passengers
1. Delay-inspired Promotions - Offering product or service promotions to ease the frustrations of delayed transportation.
2. Real-time Social Media Response - Developing smart monitoring services that respond in real-time to social media activity for promotional purposes.
3. Geolocation-enabled Promotions - Using geo-data to offer promotions or discounts to customers based on their location and behavior.
1. Alcohol & Beverage - Opportunities for alcohol and beverage companies to provide unique customer experiences and promotions in unconventional settings.
2. Transportation - Opportunities for transportation companies to collaborate with other industries to enhance passenger experience during delays.
3. Technology & Analytics - Opportunities for tech companies to develop innovative services that respond to real-time social media activity and user behavior data for promotional purposes.