Advertising company Bidstack will be offering a £25,000 prize at its Football Manager tournament at the Insomnia Gaming Festival. The tournament will take place during the gaming festival and will be held at the NEC Arena in Birmingham. Bidstack will be the primary host of this tournament, but the advertising firm will also be supported by the Community Sports Foundation.
Along with the £25,000 prize, winners will also get a chance to manage a team of Norwich soccer legends in their game against Inter Forever. The Foot Ball Manger tournament will contain 64-players and will be run using the game's 'draft' mode. James Draper, CEO of Bidstack has stated that the goal of the tournament is to find a person that is capable of using the skills in a virtual game in the real world. Bidstack is running the tournament as an exhibition of sorts, with the outcome proving that eSports skills are indeed transferable in the real world.
Image Credit: Bidstack
Bidstack's Football Manager Tournament Shows Real World Applications
1. Esports Sponsorship - Companies can sponsor and host eSports tournaments to showcase their products and services, growing brand awareness and customer bases.
2. Virtual and Real-world Integration - Virtual contests/tournaments can serve as gateways to real-world opportunities, proving the transferability of skills and creating opportunities for hands-on experiences.
3. Mixed-reality Solution - A bridging of virtual and real-world activities can lead to a mixed reality solution, optimizing both real-life and virtual experiences to overcome limitations and expand possibilities.
1. Advertising - Advertising companies can sponsor virtual contests, expanding their reach and showcasing their brand to new markets.
2. Esports - eSports companies can create and host contests that aim to showcase the real-world applicability of virtual skills, and help professional gamers transition to real-world professions.
3. Sports and Leisure - Sports and leisure venues can host virtual contests and offer real-world opportunities as prizes, promoting participation and engagement among virtual and real-world enthusiasts.