The Parkville 'FlipYarn' material has been developed as an alternative, eco-friendly textile that is sourced from an unlikely item in order to offer consumers with a stylish fashion product. Made from upcycled flip-flops, the material prevents waste from entering the environment, fights against the increase of plastic in our oceans and helps to transform trash into a fashion treasure. The material has been used to craft bracelets and sunglasses with polarized lenses that are all stylishly designed to make them applicable for consumers who might not otherwise be interested in recycled fashions.
The Parkville 'FlipYarn' material is one of a growing number of initiatives being started on a global scale to fight against ocean plastic and help to change perceptions of upcycled fashions.
The Parkville 'FlipYarn' Material is Made from Upcycled Flip-Flops
1. Upcycled Fashion - The development of the Parkville 'FlipYarn' material highlights the trend towards upcycled fashion, providing opportunities for innovative designers to create stylish and sustainable products.
2. Eco-friendly Textiles - The use of upcycled flip-flops to create the 'FlipYarn' material showcases the trend of utilizing eco-friendly textiles, presenting opportunities for textile manufacturers to explore sustainable materials.
3. Ocean Plastic Solution - The Parkville 'FlipYarn' material contributes to the global effort of combating ocean plastic, pointing to opportunities for businesses to create innovative solutions for waste management and recycling.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the upcycled fashion trend by incorporating eco-friendly materials like the 'FlipYarn' material into their designs and manufacturing processes.
2. Textile Manufacturing - The development of eco-friendly materials like the 'FlipYarn' material presents opportunities for textile manufacturers to adjust their production methods and explore sustainable alternatives.
3. Waste Management - The Parkville 'FlipYarn' material showcases the need for innovative waste management solutions, creating opportunities for businesses to develop technologies and processes that can transform recycled materials into usable products.