It's hard to believe that this Flat Boombox by Hannes Harms might actually work, given its unfamiliar and impossibly thin profile. But alas, the industrial design graduate of the Royal College of Art has arrived at this innovative product as a celebration of the compactness of futuristic technologies.
Minus an amplifying cone, this super sleek sound system has a paper-thin flexible speaker component secured on the back. The bulk -- if you can call it bulk -- of the gadget is a 0.5 millimeter sheet of stainless steel that has been perforated through acid etching and scored for its creased stand.
Implications - Apart from being an intriguing and ingeniously lightweight solution to typically heavy audio equipment, the Flat Boombox by Hannes Harms boasts a minimal use of material in production, minimal-waste manufacturing and enables economical shipping.
This Flat Boombox by Hannes Harms Minimizes its Image to Emphasize Sound
1. Flat Speakers - The rise of flat speakers presents an opportunity for companies to revolutionize the audio industry by producing slim and sleek speaker systems.
2. Minimal-waste Manufacturing - Companies can reduce their carbon footprint and production costs by adopting minimal-waste manufacturing techniques similar to the ones used by Hannes Harms in his Flat Boombox design.
3. Ultra-compact Designs - The demand for ultra-compact and portable gadgets is rising, providing an opportunity for businesses to develop innovative and practical products like the Flat Boombox by Hannes Harms.
1. Audio Technology - Companies in the audio technology industry can capitalize on the trend towards flat speakers by developing and producing more efficient, space-saving, and versatile speaker systems.
2. Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies can leverage minimal-waste production techniques to create more sustainable and efficient manufacturing processes that optimizes material usage.
3. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can tap into the trend for ultra-compact designs by developing innovative and practical products that don't compromise on functionality, like Hannes Harms' Flat Boombox.