Rogers is launching Canada's first 5G network in the downtown areas of four major cities, including Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver. The new 5G capabilities could entice consumers to switch networks due to the fact that no other Canadian companies have launched a 5G network.
Rogers will also make the 5G network available in 20 other locations before the year-end. Rogers was able to launch Canada's first 5G network using mid-band wireless frequencies. This means that the network will not be as fast as other 5G networks in North America, but it will have a further reach.
Currently, devices are not able to use the 5G capabilities, however, when 5G phones are released Canadians will be able to access 5G capabilities through the Rogers network.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Rogers is Launching Canada's First 5G Network in Four Major Cities
1. Mid-band 5G Network - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market a new line of mid-band 5G compatible devices to cater to consumers accessing Rogers' 5G network.
2. 5G Network Launch - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create an innovative marketing campaign to entice consumers to switch networks and capitalize on the first-mover advantage in the Canadian 5G market.
3. 5G Phone Compatibility - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with Rogers to develop and release 5G-compatible phones that leverage the capabilities of their network.
1. Telecommunications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in research and development to enhance current wireless technologies and infrastructure in anticipation of the 5G revolution.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and manufacture cutting-edge devices that are optimized for 5G networks, attracting a growing consumer base seeking to leverage the benefits of high-speed connectivity.
3. Advertising & Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Assist businesses in leveraging the launch of the first 5G network in Canada to develop creative marketing strategies that showcase the transformative potential of 5G technology.