After introducing its fertility tracker for women in 2013, Glow boasts that it has been able to help more than 50,000 women get pregnant. Although a woman's health is a huge part of the pregnancy process, Glow realized that "fertility takes two," and decided to tackle male factor infertility head-on.
An update to the app now means that both partners have the chance to track their overall and reproductive health. Glow's Jennifer Tye describes: "We’re asking things that people don’t talk about in polite conversation, but they’re really important to tracking your fertility." This includes questions on sleep duration, fitness and closeness to heat, since these can all factor into male fertility levels.
Women can still access features through the "Me" tab on Glow, but now they will also be able to invite a partner to become more involved in the process of conceiving a child.
Glow's Fertility Tracker Now Involves Both Partners for a Higher Success Rate
1. Male Fertility Tracking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop an advanced male fertility tracking app to help couples monitor and improve their chances of conception.
2. Comprehensive Reproductive Health Tracking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a comprehensive app that tracks both male and female reproductive health factors to provide a holistic approach to fertility management.
3. Increased Involvement of Partners - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design platforms that encourage and enable partners to actively participate in the fertility tracking and pregnancy process.
1. Healthtech - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate within the healthtech industry by developing new technologies and applications that cater to male fertility tracking and reproductive health management.
2. Digital Health - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the digital health sector to create solutions that integrate male fertility tracking and reproductive health monitoring for couples.
3. Family Planning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tap into the family planning industry by offering products and services that support couples in their journey towards conception, with a focus on male fertility tracking.