In an effort to connect more closely with it's customers, the McDonald's 'First Customer' fast food commercial highlights an important milestone in a teenager's life. Focused on a first shift as an employee of the brand, the commercial focuses on a Hispanic teen and his proud parents in an effort to create a more wholesome connection.
With a sense of proudness front-and-center in the fast food commercial, the advertisement helps to speak directly to Hispanic consumers by relating to their sense of pride with their community. The commercial is the work of the Alma Agency and helps to connect the brand to Hispanic Millennials that might be in a similar life stage.
As Hispanic consumers continue to be a growing segment in the United States, it's likely we'll continue to see more marketing initiatives that touch on more community-oriented topics.
The McDonald's 'First Customer' Fast Food Commercial is Hispanic-Focused
1. Community-oriented Marketing - Brands can create advertising campaigns that focus on connecting with consumers by touching on community-oriented topics like incorporating themes of culture and pride.
2. Ethnic-focused Content - Advertising content can be created to target specific ethnic groups, such as the Hispanic market, with relevant themes and messaging.
3. Celebrating Milestones - Brands can capitalize on milestones in a person's life, such as a 'First Job,' to create connections with their target audience, driving positive sentiment and creating a sense of brand loyalty.
1. Fast Food - Fast food companies can create more culturally diverse advertising campaigns to better connect with their customer base, such as showcasing community values and cultural pride.
2. Advertising - Ad agencies can create ethnic-focused content that resonates with targeted groups, helping brands better connect and promote their products to diverse audiences.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can use the concept of celebrating milestones like the first job, to create stronger customer connections, helping to increase brand loyalty across diverse markets.