The 'Fashioning a Reign' exhibition features selected items from the wardrobe of Queen Elizabeth II. The exhibition has three installations at The Queen's residences and features some of her most well recognized dresses and accessories. The exhibitions will be located at Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
The exhibition uses the monarch's wardrobe to chart the significant events in The Queen's life and the nation's history under her reign. The collection has 150 outfits from The Queen's childhood until the present including her wedding dress and the dress from the opening ceremony of the London Olympic Games in 2012. Each location of the exhibition will house outfits that have an association with the location. The exhibition is being held in celebration of the Queen's 90th birthday.
'Fashioning a Reign' Features the Wardrobe of Queen Elizabeth II
1. Queen's Wardrobe Exhibition - The exhibit serves as an opportunity for fashion companies to study design trends of the British monarchy and potentially incorporate them into current fashion trends.
2. Fashion and History Exhibition Mashups - This exhibition trend opens up opportunities for museums and historical institutions to collaborate with fashion designers, creating a multi-disciplinary approach to engaging audiences.
3. Celebrity Fashion Exhibitions - Using a celebrity's personal collection as the basis of an exhibition can use aspects of fashion and celebrity culture to attract visitors.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can use installations such as 'Fashioning a Reign' to gain inspiration and create custom designs for customers.
2. Museum Industry - The exhibition offers an opportunity for museums to create similar events that incorporate elements of fashion to attract new audiences.
3. Historical Institutions - Historical institutions can benefit from hosting fashion exhibitions to generate interest and income, while also educating the public on historical and cultural events.