Some call him a fool for his over-the-top and outlandish catwalks; others hail him as a veritable haute couture genius and fashion visionary for the same reasons. Whatever your opinion of fashion designer Alexander McQueen may be, the fact remains that the man is highly skilled at creating very evocative--and provocative--pieces for his shows that give his audiences plenty to talk about for a long time.
McQueen’s Fall 2009 RTW collection, introduced during Paris Fashion Week, was an spectacle of models strutting up and down the catwalk wearing sex-doll lips and theatrical (but mostly atrocious) attire, chain link masks, very tall platform shoes, and absurd (but highly entertaining) head gear such as umbrellas, lamps, plastic bags filled with garbage, and other kinds of “hats” I could not identify.
Alexander McQueen’s creations never fail to leave a big impression--whether positive or negative--on people. As for me, I always look forward to being entertained by the designer’s weird creations.
Alexander McQueen's Hands-Free Rain Gear
1. Outlandish Fashion - Opportunity for innovative designers to create provocative and unconventional clothing pieces.
2. Theatrical Headgear - Potential for fashion accessory designers to create unique headgear that makes a bold statement.
3. Spectacle Fashion Shows - Opportunity for event planners to create immersive and memorable fashion show experiences.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating unconventional and avant-garde fashion garments.
2. Fashion Accessories - Opportunities for designing unique and attention-grabbing headgear and accessories.
3. Event Management - Opportunities for creating immersive and theatrical fashion show experiences that captivate audiences.