Hipster clothing store Urban Outfitters is now selling these gorgeous Face Gems, little bejeweled appliques meant to be used as glamorous decor on the face.
While this may seem like a new and funky way to adorn one's face, these are no other than traditional Bindis worn by Indian women for centuries. Urban Outfitters has put their own spin on this culturally significant symbol and came up with new ways to wear it including brightly colored designs with lots of gemstones and various shapes to choose from.
While traditionally a single Bindi is worn on the center of the forehead, the models are shown wearing a few of these "new" Face Gems at a time.
Urban Outfitters Redesigns Indian Tradition with Face Gems
1. Reimagined Cultural Traditions - Opportunity for brands to put their own spin on traditional symbols and create unique products.
2. Face Adornments - Growing popularity of face gems and other decorative face accessories.
3. Personalized Self-expression - Increasing demand for customizable face adornments that reflect individual style.
1. Fashion Retail - Brands can explore the creation of unique and culturally-inspired products to tap into the trend of reimagined cultural traditions.
2. Cosmetics - Face gems and decorative face accessories present opportunities for cosmetic companies to create innovative beauty products.
3. Jewelry - Jewelry brands can create new lines of face gems and other face adornments to cater to the growing demand for personalized self-expression.