Buying beer from the Ex Novo Brewing Company means that you get to enjoy a drink and do some good in the world. Despite Portland being saturated with breweries and having no background in brewing beer, Joel Gregory went up against all odds in a new venture after being laid off from his job in engineering. To make this not-for-profit brewery a reality, Ian Greene was hired as head brewer, lending his expertise to the Ex Novo Brewing Company.
100% of the net profits go towards initiatives like Impact NW, the International Justice Mission, MercyCorps and Friends of the Children. The registered non-profit public benefit corporation currently has eight beers available on tap, meaning that there's something to quench everyone's thirst for good.
The Ex Novo Brewing Company Donates Its Net Profits to Better the World
1. Not-for-profit Breweries - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Explore the potential of establishing not-for-profit breweries to combine business operations with social impact.
2. Community-driven Business Models - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop community-driven business models that prioritize social and environmental initiatives.
3. Beer for Good - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create beer brands that donate 100% of net profits to charitable organizations and social causes.
1. Craft Beer Industry - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Incorporate social responsibility initiatives into the craft beer industry to attract socially conscious consumers.
2. Non-profit Sector - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Explore collaborations and partnerships between non-profit organizations and breweries to create sustainable social impact.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Foster social entrepreneurship by combining business ventures with philanthropic efforts in sectors like brewing.