Tripp, a California-based startup specializing in XR (extended reality) wellness and digital psychedelics therapy, has officially acquired EvolVR, the world's largest virtual reality meditation community. The new acquisition comes on the heels of the company's previous purchase of PsyAssist, a mobile app used to track and monitor one's psychedelic expereinces.
Both of these acquisitions point to Tripp's recent success and growth as a company and contribute to its ongoing expansion of digital wellness offerings, which combine "meditation techniques, flow-inducing gameplay, binaural audio and breathing exercises." Currently, Tripp has served over 3.5 million therapy sessions, all of which are designed to help users destress and become more mindful.
"What I saw in EvolVR was a meditation group leader who created a safe space. They knew how to moderate the group in a way that impressed me. Even when the trolls turned up, they were ineffective. Even as the metaverse is expanding, it’s important to have zones where you’re free from harassment," explained Tripp’s CEO and founder Nanea Reeves, when asked what inspired the acquisition of EvolVR.
Image Credit: Tripp
Tripp Aquires EvolVR to Expand Its Virtual Meditation Offerings
1. XR Wellness - There is an opportunity to disrupt the traditional wellness industry by offering extended reality (XR) experiences that combine meditation, breathing exercises, and specialized gameplay.
2. Virtual Meditation - Offering virtual reality meditation sessions has the potential to expand the growth of the meditation industry by offering more accessible and available meditation sessions.
3. Digital Psychedelics Therapy - Psychedelics therapy through the use of digital technology has the potential to revolutionize the mental health industry and enable more people to access alternative forms of therapy.
1. Wellness - There is an opportunity for wellness companies to expand their offerings with XR wellness experiences and virtual meditation sessions.
2. Mental Health - The use of digital technology to offer psychedelics therapy has the potential to transform the mental health industry and provide more accessible and affordable treatment options to those in need.
3. Virtual Reality - The growth of virtual reality technology has sparked the emergence of new industries like virtual meditation and XR wellness, providing opportunities for companies to innovate and disrupt traditional industries.