Getting folks to drive electric cars would be a much easier sell if every parking lot was equipped with the EV ARC. The EV Arc (Electric Vehicle Autonomous Renewable Charger) is a solar-powered car charger designed to fit into a traditional parking space. It requires no extra infrastructure to function and is powered entirely by the sun!
The EV ARC can produce enough electricity to fully charge one electric car a day. It is portable and can be set up in about five minutes. The parking spot has rooftop solar panels that provide shade in addition to battery juice. American drivers have been hesitant to adopt EVs because of range fears and because public chargers are few and far between. The EV ARC could very well sway public opinion if it were to be installed in parking lots across the U.S.
The EV ARC Turns Parking Spaces into Electric Car Chargers
1. Solar-powered Car Chargers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop compact and portable solar-powered car chargers to increase the accessibility and convenience of electric vehicle charging.
2. Portable EV Charging Stations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create easily deployable and self-sustaining portable EV charging stations to alleviate range anxieties and encourage electric vehicle adoption.
3. Renewable Energy Integration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to integrate renewable energy sources, like solar panels, into existing parking infrastructure to provide efficient and sustainable electric vehicle charging solutions.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with automakers to design and implement solar-powered charging solutions that integrate seamlessly with electric vehicles.
2. Renewable Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with renewable energy companies to develop innovative technologies that combine solar power and battery storage for efficient electric vehicle charging.
3. Smart Parking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Work with parking management companies to incorporate smart parking technologies that not only optimize parking space utilization but also provide integrated EV charging capabilities.